Friday 29 June 2012

Meet: Jacob Banks


Early this year on one of my frequent visits to the MOBO website I came across Jacob Banks. He had just won the MOBO UnSung prize for Birmingham and so was one of the featured artists on the subsequent tour. I clicked play on the video for 'Kids on the Corner' and heard  husky, warm, soulful vocals reminiscent of John Legend, accompanied by an acoustic guitar. I should have placed a cushion on the floor to break the fall of my jaw: The talent of this 20 year old Birmingham native is way beyond his years. He sounds like an artist straight out of the motown era and he is fast creating a buzz on the live music scene having recently supported Daley at the Jazz Café and performing a string of other dates over the summer. Keep an eye out for this guy and if you can catch him live do so while its cheap because I predict that somewhere in the near future you'll be paying through the nose to see this young gentleman. The Jacob Banks EP entitled 'The Monologue' is due out soon. Remember, I told you.







1 comment:

  1. Great post, contact me kwabena@mixtapemadness.co.uk

    ReplyDelete